Academically world leading, socially unequalled, the School of Geography presents to you the Queen Mary Geography Society (QMGS).
Lead by students for students, QMGS intertwines passions for learning, development and exploration. We welcome a vast array of students from a diverse spectrum of backgrounds (from the Maldives to Malaysia to Brazil). This is something QMUL and the School of Geography values and prides itself on. We have found this cohesive connection contributes to academic and social development and everlasting global friendships.
QMGS works closely with the School of Geography to bring to you legendary social events, such as laser-tag, karaoke, quizzes and sporting activities. There really is something for everyone! This year, we have hosted former President of the Maldives, Mohamed Nasheed for our inaugual climate change lecture series. Read more about the event here.
We look forward to meeting you throughout your time at QMUL!
QMGS Committee for 2017-18
- President: Will Flynn
- Vice-Presidents: Natalie Fairchild & Catarina da Silva Neves
- Social Secretary: Holly Barrett
- Treasurer: Ellie Wilson
- Marketing and Social Media Officer: Freddie Ward
- Equality and Diversity Officers: Danial Naqvi & Aqeeb Akram
- Academic Events Co-ordinator: Jason Lynch
- Academic Staff Representative: Dr Simon Carr