QMUL is ranked amongst the most international universities in the world. We have students and staff from over 160 countries and our partnerships and activities around the world allow us to deliver teaching and research with an international dimension and impact.
Are you an international student considering QMUL for your undergraduate degree?
Queen Mary is an ideal place for international students to study geography or environmental science. Our East End location offers a true taste of London life in one of the most urban, trendy and progressive areas of the capital. We have been based at our home at Mile End for over 130 years, and offer one of the largest self-contained residential campuses in the capital. Set alongside the beautiful Regent’s Canal and pocketed with green spaces, it’s easy to forget you’re in the middle of a bustling city. Our students are able to enjoy all the advantages of our Mile End campus: a friendly student community, safety, and convenience. Nothing is ever more than a five-minute walk away; we have shops, restaurants, a bar, gym, bank and accommodation all on site.
Watch the video below to find out why Koh (from Singapore) chose to study here:
- The International Foundation Programme (IFP) within the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences offers a clear route to undergraduate study and prepares students for a degree in geography or environmental science. The IFP accepts applications from international and EU students and provides high quality preparation for the demands of university study.
- The team from our International Office regularly travels overseas to meet with students interested in studying with us and to answer any questions about your application. Meet us overseas.
Global opportunities at QMUL
Are you an international student considering Queen Mary as your study abroad destination? Visit the International Exchange Programme pages, download the Study Abroad Guide, or take a look at our brand new Global Cities Summer School programme.
QMUL's study abroad programme attracts inquisitive and high-achieving students who thrive in the stimulating and supportive environment that we offer. Each year, hundreds of students from across the globe choose us for their semester or year-abroad destination.
Our geography classes are popular with international students because they offer opportunities for exploring, discovering, and engaging with the world around them. Classes often examine issues and challenges located right in the heart of London, the greater UK and Europe, and around the globe. They also fulfill a range of degree requirements in the fields of social science, environmental studies and earth sciences.
Watch the video below to find out why Alicia (from the USA) chose to study here:
- For a list of modules available to study abroad students in the School of Geography, browse the online module directory (you will need to filter by the last column)
- To find out about how studying abroad works for your degree programme, and for help with choosing modules, contact the School of Geography's International Study Director, Dr Regan Koch
- Visit the QMUL Global Bloggers page and find out what students think about studying abroad at QMUL
- For further information, contact the Global Opportunities team and follow them on Twitter @QMULStudyAbroad