We have a limited number of places available through Clearing and Adjustment on our degree programmes in geography and environmental science. Clearing hotlines open on Thursday 17 August at 7.30am. Please call us on 0800 376 1800 or +44 (0)20 7882 5511 to discuss your options. Clearing vacancies are currently listed on UCAS.
Choosing your programme
- Before contacting us, please ensure that you meet the minimum entry requirements (which will be announced on Wednesday 16 August 2017). It is also important that you understand what the programme you want to select involves as you will be studying this subject for three years. It is important that you are happy with the content of the degree you are applying for. Read more about the programme you are interested in, and the modules we have on offer.
- Clearing can be a hectic time but it’s important you make the right decision when accepting a place on a degree programme because it may not be possible to change programmes once you arrive.
What information we will need from you when you call
We can only deal with Clearing applications by telephone and we will need to speak directly with the applicant (ie not family members or friends). Our Admissions team will ask you for the following information, which you should have at hand:
- Are you in Clearing?
We can only consider your application if you are not holding any offers elsewhere or are applying for Adjustment and have exceeded your conditional firm place.
- Your UCAS number
- Your full name
- The programme you are interested in
Take a look at our undergraduate degree programmes.
- Your qualifications
- Your UCAS history
For example: have you applied for courses at the School of Geography before? Which other university/universities have you accepted offers from?
- Your fee status
- Your contact telephone number(s) and an email address
- Any special needs or disabilities
What happens next?
Based on this information our Admissions team will assess whether or not we can offer you a place. You will be given a reference number which you will be asked to refer to in later communication with the School, so please make sure you write this down.
Confirming your place
- Submit your Clearing choice to UCAS
If we have made you a provisional offer in Clearing, you will need to enter the details of this offer on UCAS track in order to be formally considered for a place. You can do this by logging into Track (after 3pm on Thursday 17 August 2017) and selecting the option to ‘Add Clearing choice’. You should then enter the details of the programme we have offered you.
- Submit your Clearing choice within the deadline given
The deadline to complete this action will be 5pm on Thursday 17 August 2017. Failure to meet this deadline may mean that your offer will expire and your place will be made available to other interested applicants.
- Confirmation of your place with us
Once you have entered the details of your provisional offer, we will verify the information you have provided and complete some checks on your application. If we are satisfied with your application, we will confirm to UCAS that we would like to make you a formal offer, and your UCAS track will be updated accordingly. You will then receive a letter from UCAS confirming your place.
You should only enter a Clearing choice if we have provisionally offered you a place on a programme and you would like to accept it. If you enter a Clearing choice without discussing it with us you will be rejected and it may not be possible for you to make an alternative Clearing choice for several days.
- Read success stories from our students Beth and Tanzina who both joined our Geography BA degree programme through Clearing
- Watch this short video of Tanzina sharing her experience of Clearing
- See more reasons to study geography and environmental science at QMUL
- If you would like more information, or if you have any questions not answered here, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org