Laboratory and Facilities Manager
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 2715Room Number: Bancroft Building, Room 2.22.15
Michelle has more than 15 years of experience in field and laboratory operations for climate change and forest ecosystem science research and outreach. She has successfully led or assisted several field campaigns involving meteorological and ecological field sites throughout the United States, Canada and Central America to Antarctica. Most recently, she worked at University of New Hampshire and American Meteorological Society.
Michelle is responsible for the smooth running of the School of Geography laboratories, providing the academic staff with a support service for both teaching and research. She is also available to advise undergraduate and postgraduate students and research assistants on laboratory procedures.
- Wicklein, H.F., S.V. Ollinger, M.E. Martin, D.Y. Hollinger, L.C. Lepine, M.C. Day, M.K. Bartlett, A.D. Richardson, R.J. Norby. 2012. Variation in foliar nitrogen and albedo in response to nitrogen fertilization and elevated CO2. Oecologia, doi 10.1007/s00442-012-2263-6.
- Hilker, T., L. Lepine, N.C. Coops, R.S. Jassal, T.A. Black, M.A. Wulder, S.V. Ollinger, O. Tsui, M. Day. 2012. Assessing the impact of N-fertilization on biochemical composition and biomass of a Douglas-fir canopy—A remote sensing approach. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology 153: 124–133. doi:10.1016/j.agrformet.2011.03.014.
- Ollinger, S.V., A.D. Richardson, M.E. Martin, D.Y. Hollinger, S.E. Frolking, P.B. Reich, L.C. Plourde, G.G. Katul, J.W. Munger, R. Oren, M.-L. Smith, K.T. Paw U, P.V. Bolstad, B.D. Cook, M.C. Day, T.A. Martin, R.K. Monson, H.P. Schmid. 2008. Canopy nitrogen, carbon assimilation, and albedo in temperate and boreal forests: Functional relations and potential climate feedbacks. PNAS, 105(49), 19335-19340.
- M.K. Rama Varma Raja, James G. Yoe, R. Michael Hardesty, W. Allen Brewer, Berrien Moore, James Ryan, Paul Hays, Carl Nardell, Bruce Gentry, Michelle Day, and Kenneth Rancourt. Intercomparison of Doppler Wind Lidar Velocity Measurements Optical Remote Sensing Quebéc City Canada, 3 February 2003 ISBN: 1-55752-740-7
- James G. Yoe, M. K. Rama Varma Raja, R. Michael Hardesty, Alan Brewer, Berrien Moore, James Ryan, Paul Hays, Carl Nardell, Bruce Gentry, Michelle Day, Kenneth Rancourt. GroundWinds 2000 field campaign: demonstration of new Doppler lidar technology and wind lidar data intercomparison. SPIE Third International Asia-Pacific Environmental Remote Sensing Conference, Hangzhou, China, Oct 23-27, 2002.