- For all our masters courses in Geography at Queen Mary, please follow this link for information on fees
- Fees per year for part-time students are 50% of those listed
- Sons and daughters of alumni of the university paying overseas fees are entitled to a 10% reduction on their tuition fees, if no other university scholarship has been offered
- A 10% fees reduction is also offered to overseas applicants who previously studied at QMUL as part of our Study Abroad programme.
We offer a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to help applicants fund their studies. These include:
- Walter Oldershaw Award (£3,000 - for home/EU and international students): eight awards available for masters degrees offered by the School of Geography. Interested applicants should submit a 300-word statement elaborating why they should be considered, highlighting their academic and professional merit and details of how the award will further their professional development. Applications should be sent to the Postgraduate Studies Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Friday 21 July 2017. Further details or queries should be addressed to the Director of Masters Programmes, Professor Kavita Datta (email@example.com).
- Worshipful Company of Water Conservators bursary (up to £4,000 - for home students) on the Integrated Management of Freshwater Environments MSc degree programme. Interested applicants should email a statement (max. 1 side A4) to Dr Gemma Harvey (firstname.lastname@example.org), explaining why they believe they should be awarded the bursary and how it would benefit them. Deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 21 July 2017.
- Queen Mary Alumni Loyalty Award (£1,000): open to all Queen Mary graduates. Find out more.
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships (full tuition fees and air fares, maintenance allowance - for international students who are nationals of a Commonwealth developing country and not at present living or studying in a developed country): six awards available across a range of masters courses at QMUL, including Development and Global Health MA, Global Development Futures MA and Integrated Management of Freshwater Environments MSc. Deadline for applications is 23:59 (BST) on Wednesday 29 March 2017. Find out more or contact email@example.com.
Additional scholarship opportunities:
- Santander Masters Scholarship
- QMUL-Chevening Scholarships and Partner Awards
- Marshall Scholarships
- Fulbright-QMUL Postgraduate Awards
- Commonwealth Scholarships
New Postgraduate Loan Scheme
- A government-backed Postgraduate Loan Scheme is available for masters degrees from the 2016-17 academic year onwards. Loans of up to £10,000 are available for eligible students. Find out more.
To discuss your application to one of the postgraduate degree programmes in the School of Geography, please contact our Director of Masters Programmes, Professor Kavita Datta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general enquiries and information, please contact our Postgraduate Studies Manager at email@example.com.