Principal’s Postgraduate Studentship 2013–2014
There are 3 studentships of £6000 each available for taught postgraduate students taking a full-time Masters course in the 2013–14 academic year.
Applications are invited from current Queen Mary students in their final year of study of an undergraduate degree who meet the following criteria:
- You are classified as a home student for the purpose of tuition fees
- You are currently in the final year on an undergraduate degree course
- You have been eligible for the full QM Bursary of £1159 for the 2012/13 academic year
- You are a permanent resident of the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and have lived there for at least five years.
- You were attending a secondary school in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
- You have been offered a place on a full-time taught postgraduate course at Queen Mary in 2013–14
Please ensure that application forms are returned by the closing date 07th June 2013
The School of Geography at Queen Mary University of London is internationally recognized as a centre of research excellence and was ranked joint 1st (with the departments of Geography at the universities of Oxford, Cambridge, Bristol and Durham) amongst UK Geography departments in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
Research students are integral to the School’s research culture, and contribute to our record of research excellence. Our Graduate School has grown significantly over the past decade or so. The School is home to some 90 graduate students, of whom 48 are currently enrolled on Masters programmes. In recognition of the excellent training and supervision in the Graduate School, we have been awarded ESRC and NERC quota awards, and have a very strong record of studentship funding from both the AHRC and other bodies.
We are very pleased you are considering joining one of our MA/MSc programmes. As a member of the Graduate School you will work closely with academic staff at the forefront of the discipline join; and join a well-resourced, intellectually-stimulating and supportive School that can help you realise your full potential.
If you are interested in applying to us, please follow the links to the left
Professor Miles Ogborn and Dr David Pinder,
Head of School and Director of Graduate Studies